Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women
Supports regional implementation of those elements of the 2030 Agenda that relate to gender equality and the empowerment of women by:
- Providing regional inputs to normative and analytical work undertaken at the global level and translating global mandates and norms to regional mandates through coordination of the work of the UN at the regional level, including on the implementation of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discriminations Against Women and the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (BPfA), and outcomes of the BPfA review process.,
- Supporting regional/sub-regional initiatives in specific areas which require coordinated effort by multiple agencies, with a specific focus on ASEAN, SAARC and Pacific subregions.
- Ensuring that gender is mainstreamed into the UN and related processes at the regional level, with special focus on the gender equality and women’s’ empowerment dimension of the Asia Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) regional roadmap for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Selecting and implementing regionally-oriented activities that will have the greatest impact toward moving forward the 2030 Agenda at country level and will work with the regional UNDG Peer Support Group for integration of common global and regional priorities, commitments and good practices in national and UN country team planning processes including UNDAFs, as may apply or be requested.
- Contributing to the coordination efforts of the TWG on Statistics on strategy, process and mechanisms for gender statistics and data inputs for regional inputs to the global processes, and for regional implementation of global mandates, including follow-up and review of SDG progress.
Event Date: 28 Mar 2017 | Event Venue: United Nations Conference Centre | Event City: Bangkok
Event Date: 29 Mar 2017 to 31 Mar 2017 | Event Venue: United Nations Conference Centre | Event City: Bangkok
Event Date: 25 Nov 2017
Coordinated Meetings between the Asia-Pacific Regional Coordination Mechanism (RCM) and the United Nations Development Group Asia-Pacific (UNDG A-P)
Meeting Date: 9 May 2018 | Meeting Venue: United Nations Conference Centre | Meeting City: Bangkok
Meeting Date: 14 May 2018 | Meeting Venue: United Nations Conference Centre | Meeting City: Bangkok
Meeting Date: 15 Mar 2018 | Meeting Venue: United Nations Conference Centre | Meeting City: Bangkok